We have been thinking about toys both old and new and we would like it if you could have a chat about the following questions – thinking about both the children’s toys and the older ones that Mums, Dads and Grandparents might have played with when they were younger. This will give the children a wonderful insight into the kinds of toys that are the same today and those that are very different to theirs.
It would be lovely if you could record some or all of the answers, using either the comment box on the blog or onto paper and sending them into school – we can then have a look at the differences and similarities between the toys.
Many thanks for your help with this.
- How many toys did/do you have?
- What was/is your favourite toy?
- How old were you when you got it?
- Could you play with your toy with other people – or just by yourself?
- Who bought it for you?
- Where did you buy it from?
- What was/is it made from?
- Where did/do you play with it – inside or outside?
- How did/does it move?
- Did/does it have batteries?
- How long did you have it – or do you still have it now?
- Did/does it make a noise – what was/is it?
- What kind of toys did/do you have?
- Did/do you have a teddy bear? If so, what did/does it look like?
- Do/did you have a Barbie doll or an action figure?
------------ no comments -----------