Victorian Home Learning 25.4.12
Victorian Day is on Wednesday 2nd May
I hope you are busy getting your costume ready. Here is a link to photos from past Victorian Days to give you some ideas.
At some stage in the day the inspectors will be arriving. They will be expecting to see and hear knowledgable and well-drilled children if we are to pass the inspection. You want to pass the inspection. You do not want to displease a Victorian teacher.
Find out and learn as much as possible of the following list of facts below. Note down your answerrs on a piece of loose leaf paper and bring it into school on Monday 30th April. You must all learn these facts off by heart before next Wednesday. We do not know which chidlren they will choose to test!
You need to learn these facts for Victorian Day next Wednesday when the inspectors arrive (gulp!)
- The 12 times table.
- Name the capital cities of Britain, France, Spain & Germany
- Name the Empress of India
- Define the word polygon
- Spell the following (empire, Victoria, industry, quadrilateral, factory, mother, father, century, logical, advantage)
- Name the first commandment
- Which prefix means 8 – give examples
- Which prefix means 100 – give examples
- What quality is next to Godliness?
- Complete the saying - Children should be seen and……