VICTORIAN NAMES AND SCHOOL RULES
This is my class last year on Victorian day. Here are the Victorian names they chose for themselves:
Here are two links to sites to help you generate your own Victorian name:
Victorian School Rules
- Children must stand up to answer questions and wait to be given permission to speak.
- Children must call teachers ‘Sir’ or ‘Ma’am’.
- Children must stand when an adult enters the room.
- Children must wear clean shoes and clothes.
- Children must sit and stand with straight backs.
- Children must use the right hand at all times for writing.
- Girls must wear their hair tied back with string or plain ribbons.
- Girls will learn needlework and boys will learn technical drawing.
- The children will line up, boys and girls separately, with the smallest in the front and the tallest at the back.
- Prizes will be given for good attendance.
- Children must not speak unless spoken to.
- Children must not put their hand up unless told they can do so.
- Children must not ask questions.
- Jewellery is forbidden.
- Children who are truant, are late, behave badly or do poor work will be caned.
- Talking and fidgeting will be punished.
- Counting on fingers is forbidden.
- Children with fleas, nits or contagious diseases should not attend school.