5B's Blog: 5B are Beautiful, Brainy and Brilliant!
Literacy Home Learning 22.5.12
Published Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
Last updated: Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Please read the play script here and answer the questions below.
- Look up and define the words: urchin, farthing, filthy, grim, begging, orphans.
- When and where does the play take place?
- Write down all the facts you can find out about Beth and Harry from the play script.
- How does the writer make you feel about a) Harry and Beth b) the two ladies? Give reasons.
- Why do you think Scragscutt takes such an interest in the children? Explain your answer fully.
- Write a paragraph to explain how you think the story continues (you could do this in the style of a play script if you would like!)
------------ no comments -----------