Literacy Home Learning 24.11.10
Please read through the opening to the myth of Daedalus and Icarus and answer the following questions in your red literacy books. You will need to answer your questions in full sentences.
1) In which city did Daedalus live and what famous hill in that city is mentioned in the story?
2) What three occupations did Daedalus have?
3) Why did Daedalus murder his nephew?
4) How was he punished for this crime?
5) Why do you think this made King Minos so angry?
6) Why did King Minos throw Daedalus and Icarus into the labyrinth?
7) How did Daedalus and Icarus prepare for their escape?
8) What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of flight as their method of escape?
Extension – Daedalus gave Icarus some advice. What do you think the advice was? Write down the conversation they may have had using accurate speech marks.