Literacy Home Learning 12.1.11
Due Friday 14th January
Today in class we read the first chaper of "Journey to the River Sea", by Eva Ibbotson. I think it is a wonderful novel, and I am going to be reading the rest over the next few weeks in class.
In your red homework book, complete one of the following tasks:
- Imagine what Maia must be thinking as she sets off on her journey to live in Brazil. Write a diary entry describing her thoughts.
- Write a summary of what happens in Chapter 1. Do not worry if you can't remember it all, the main bits will do.
- Use the internet to research the author and write down key information about her.
- Write a list of advantages and disadvantages of Maia leaving London to go and live in Brazil.
- Imagine what Mr and Mrs Carter, Beatirce and Gwendolyn are like. Write a paragraph describing them.
For all of these tasks, the optional extra is to add an illustration.
------------ no comments -----------