Home Learning and Victorian Names
Due to the tests we have been having in class, there is no maths home learning today. For tonight and tomorrow's home learning I would like you to complete the drawings for your rainforest story. You must also complete a diary entry for one of the books you have read for the reading olympics. Please choose one of the options on the back on your reading diary.
Some of you still not quite ready for the inspectors. Please can you remember to bring in the answers to your Victorian questions tomorrow.
I would also like you to select a name.
Here are some examples:
Here are two links to sites to help you generate your own Victorian name:
You may also want to make yourselves familiar with the following.
Victorian School Rules
- Children must stand up to answer questions and wait to be given permission to speak.
- Children must call teachers ‘Sir’ or ‘Ma’am’.
- Children must stand when an adult enters the room.
- Children must wear clean shoes and clothes.
- Children must sit and stand with straight backs.
- Children must use the right hand at all times for writing.
- Girls must wear their hair tied back with string or plain ribbons.
- Girls will learn needlework and boys will learn technical drawing.
- The children will line up, boys and girls separately, with the smallest in the front and the tallest at the back.
- Prizes will be given for good attendance.
- Children must not speak unless spoken to.
- Children must not put their hand up unless told they can do so.
- Children must not ask questions.
- Jewellery is forbidden.
- Children who are truant, are late, behave badly or do poor work will be caned.
- Talking and fidgeting will be punished.
- Counting on fingers is forbidden.
- Children with fleas, nits or contagious diseases should not attend school.
What a wonderful way to end our topic with 'Green Day'. We've learnt so much about our environment and how to protect it. Don't stop thinking green!
Here's the link to our Green Tiger Blog
Here is a link to lots of games you can play related to our enviroment.
You can read suggestions people in our school have made here:
What a wonderful way to celebrate green day by watching your photostories. Please comment on the ones you like and be specific about why.
------------ no comments -----------
Green Day And Year 6 Bake Sale
Please remember to wear something green or recycled tomorrow. We also have the Year 6 Bring and Buy Bake Sale - so please bring in some money if you would like to support their charity.