year 6 Bring and Buy Sale
Please bring in money to spend at the Year 6 Bring and Buy Sale tomorrow.
Dear Maisie, Aryan, Amanda and Sarah - if you can please read up to the end of chapter 3 of "There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom". Don't read any further.
Below is an example of a badly written set of instructions. Your job is to either re-write the instructions or make up a new set of instructions for your favourite sandwich (or recipe). Remember to include the following features:
- A list of ingredients/what equipment you need.
- Chronological order using bullet points or numbers.
- ‘Bossy’ imperative verbs, especially at the beginning of each instruction.
- Different connectives (you could use some of your spelling words).
- A clear title.
- Do not include unnecessary words.
- Punctuation – try to use commas in a list and to separate a clause and brackets.
You will also need to learn your new spelling words for next week’s test.
The bad example:
Get yourself a feew slices of taost by doing the following things.
- You get some slices of bred and put them under the grill until
- they are brown on both sides if you wont the butter to bee hot
- then you need to butter ti strait away if you dont like sogg y toast
- then you have to leave it for a few minuts to cool down else the
- butter will melt when you put it on. Cut the taost into 2 pieces.
- and put onto a plate so you don’t drop crums all over the place.
- You mite like to have jam or marmalade on your toast. Or egg.
------------ no comments -----------
Hope you all had a great twin day
Maisie and Nick have taken some photos
for you to look at hope you like them.You can also add a comment
on what you enjoyed-if you like...