Gases All Around Us
Monday 26th October. Due Monday 2nd November.
In Science this half term we will be investigating gases. The air around us is full of gases that we cannot see. On one side of A4 (no bigger please, we don’t have room for any huge posters), create a poster that tells us about the properties of gases.
Remember I love it when you are creative - you can also design your homework in a different format - aslong as it isn't too big.
Optional extension: Research the gases: oxygen, carbon dioxide, helium and nitrogen. How are they used in the world around us?
Here are some examples of properties to start you thinking - which of these describe gases?
- Takes the shape of the container it is poured into.
- Keeps its own shape
- Flows easily along a pipe
- Will not flow along a pipe
- Turns into a liquid when it melts
- Turns into a gas when it boils
- Spreads out in all directions to fill a space
- Turns into a solid when it freezes
Research the gases: oxygen, carbon dioxide, helium and nitrogen.
How are they used in the world around us?