Science Homework - The Solar System
The Solar System
Monday 22 November
Due Monday 29th November
You have a choice this week:
If you'd like to be creative - complete Task 1.
Or complete the questions from Task 2 & 3
You are the Captain of the Starship Enterprise and your expedition is to explore the Solar System.
Return with data you have gathered from the planets that share our Sun.
Your information will help to decide if humans can survive on any of these planets.
Which ever task you choose, visit the following sites, as they are fun to explore.
Complete the following sentences:
1. There are _________ planets in the solar system.
2. The Sun, Earth and remaining planets are roughly _________________ in shape.
3. _______________ is the planet nearest to the Sun.
4. Earth is the ______________ planet from the Sun.
5. ___________ is the fourth planet from the Sun.
6. ______________ and ______________ are the coldest planets.
7. ________________ is the largest planet.
8. The sun is made up of ___________________________________.
9. The planets move around the Sun in a path called an ______________.
Are the following statements true or false?
1. All daylight and hot weather comes from the Sun. __________________
2. The Earth is always spinning around. ____________________
3. The Earth spins/rotates on its axis. __________________
4. It takes the Earth 22 hours to spin around once. __________________
5. It is day-time when the Earth faces the Sun. __________________
6. It is night-time when the Earth faces the Sun. __________________
7. When it is night-time for us, it is day-time for people living on the other side of the Earth. __________________
8. The Sun moves in the sky. __________________