Literacy Task (30 minutes)
We would like you to think about your dream school. Design a leaflet, brochure or a poster that gives information about your ideal school. This can be completed in your English Homework books; through ICT (but should be printed at home); or on a separate piece of paper.
Think about suitable sub-headings such as: environment, students, values, resources and equipment.
Mathematics Task (30 minutes)
Please refer to your Maths teacher's blog to access guidelines for your Maths home learning.
ie: If your Maths teacher is Mrs Parker you look at 6E blog.
Mrs Kelly Maths Task
Choose a maths activity below. You can do both!
This week you have been looking at positive and negative integers (numbers).
Can you come up with a catchy way of remembering what happens when:
- You add a negative number to a positive number (and vice versa)
- You add a negative number to a negative number
- You subtract a negative number from a positive number
- You subtract a negative number from a negative number
Your catchy way of remembering might be a poster, a rap, a rhyme, a song (with a dance if you like) or anything else that helps you to remember what to do.
Can you use your knowledge of positive and negative numbers (and research skills) to find the following:
- The difference between the highest and lowest points in the country (or countries) that you are from?
- The difference between the highest and lowest points on earth?
- The difference between the hottest and coldest temperatures recorded in your home country or countries?
- The difference between the hottest and coldest temperatures ever recorded?
Are there any other statistics that you can think of that involve negative numbers?
Other Task (30 minutes)
Wow what a week!
We have learnt so much about each other, our new teachers, and our learning in year 6. Many events have taken place, and get to know you activities run. But how on earth will we remember all of them?!
I would love for you to summarise our first week in year 6 together (including the three days last week), in the form of either a comic strip or a newspaper report. This can either be done in your English homework book, or on a piece of paper to be stuck in.
Can you think of any breaking news we learnt about at Patana this last week…?
Include as many little facts you can remember from the last 8 days, for example: ‘Louise loves basketball’ or ‘my new maths teacher is Ms Kerry, yeah!!’ using words and pictures.
------------ no comments -----------