Maths: - Number Puzzles (Mrs Kelly)
Natural and Environmental disasters often kill or force many people to leave their homes. Some examples include:
- Volcanic eruptions: Russia (January 2003)
- Earthquakes: Kobe, Japan (January 1995)
- Flooding: Bangladesh (July 2002)
- Radioactive Pollution: Chernobyl (April 1986)
- Oil Spill: Spain (November 2002)
- Tsunami: Indian Ocean (December 2004)
- Cyclone: Myanmar (October 2010)
- Flooding: Australia (January 2011)
- Earthquake: Tohoku region, Japan (March 2011)
- Radioactive Pollution: Fukushima Plant, Japan (March 2011)
- Tsunami: Tohoku, Japan (March 2011)
- Oil Spill: Gulf of Mexico (April 2011)
We would like you to research a disaster and present your information on a poster or in a booklet. You can research one of the disasters above or one that is not listed. The list is there to give you ideas. You should include the following:
- What caused the disaster
- Which country/countries were affected
- The number of people forced to move
- When it happened
- Aid agencies that were involved e.g. Red Cross, save the Children, Oxfam
- Any other important details
Please create a piece of Art of your choice that relates to your research. It could be a sketch, a painting, an abstract design or a 3D model. Be as creative and adventurous as you wish.
We look forward to seeing your ideas.
Have a fantastic looooooooong weekend!