School Closed - Home Learning
Tuesday 25th October
As stated on the Patana website, school will be closed from tomorrow till Tuesday 8th November.
We would like to endeavour that as much learning as possible continues to take place during this time.
On Y2 webpage, we will post updates for curriculum learning.
This half term's learning theme is "The Stories People Tell," therefore our Literacy genre studied is traditional tales. Over the next two weeks, we are setting an on-going fairytale project whereby the children will read, tell, perform and write their own version of a fairytale. Details will be posted from tomorrow, and at regular intervals, to provide further guidance on this task.
During the next two weeks we are hoping that the children can develop their calculation and measurement skills. Activities posted regularly will work towards the children being able to answer the following learning questions:
- Can I count objects by putting them into groups, e.g. of 2, 5 or 10?
- Can I add 10 or a multiple of 10 to any two digit number?
- Can I use a ruler to draw and measure lines to the nearest centimetre?
- Can I estimate how long an activity might take and then check using a timer?
- Can I tell the time when it is something o'clock or half past the hour?
- Can I follow instructions to mark a position on a grid?
Learning opportunities will also be posted for specialist subjects.
I will be posting additional activities on here and Y2 Link and Learn (Home Learning - Oct 2011) is also good for supplementary activities.
Many thanks for your support. We hope that you and your family are safe and look forward to seeing the children back in school soon.
------------ no comments -----------