Hello to those 2W children learning at home.
Have you looked at the ‘Home Learning’ weblog yet? The link is just under the one for 2W. On there you will find Maths and Literacy Activities. But, here they are just for you:
Click here for activities related to the following learning questions:
- Can I count on and back in steps of 10?
- Can I recognise numbers in the 10 times-table and explain the patterns I see?
- Can I use the patterns I see to see if other numbers belong to the 10 times-table sequence?
Click here for an activity to practise the 2 times, 5 times and 10 times-table. You will need to choose the times-table when the webpage loads.
Click here for an activity related to the following learning question:
- Can I show multiplication as arrays?
Over the last week or so many activities were suggested to carry out a fairytale project. Please continue with the story planning and storytelling practise until the new version of the fairytale can be performed confidently.
In addition, please complete one of the activities suggested on the Y2 webpage previously. For your convenience, they are listed here:
- Make a puppet to retell the story. (There are some ideas on Link & Learn for how this may be done.) (DT/Literacy)
- Write a diary entry from one of the characters’ points of view. (Literacy)
- Produce a piece of artwork to show the story setting. This could be a collage, a painting, a drawing or other! (Art)
- Write a list of questions that you would like to ask one of the characters. Remember to use a question mark at the end of each question. (Literacy)
- Make a mask for one of the characters in the fairytale. (Art/DT)
- Answer the questions written (see Friday’s update) from the point of view of the chosen character. (Literacy)
- Draw a picture of a fairytale character. Write adjectives to describe the character around the outside. Remember to include adjectives to describe what the character is like as a person, e.g. kind, miserable, as well as what they look like, e.g. blue-eyed, small. (Literacy)
- Create a map for where a fairytale character lives. (Geography)
Letters and Sounds
Below you will find some tasks to practise word work. Make sure you choose the correct group - Earth or Jupiter!
Earth – this week’s sounds are ‘th’ and ‘ng’. Use the links at the left hand side to take you to videos that you can watch.
Click here for an activity for practising ‘th’.
Jupiter – this week’s sounds are ‘ir’ and ‘wh’. Use the links at the left hand side to take you to videos that you can watch.
Click here for an activity practising ‘ir’.
------------ no comments -----------