Make a healthy lunchbox!
In Science we have been learning all about healthy eating and what a balanced meal is. The children designed a healthy picnic basket for Mr Grinling to take to his lighthouse. Can you design a healthy lunchbox with foods from each food group? Click on the link on the left in the Science folder or click here. Have fun!
In Literacy we followed instructions to make silly plasticine faces. Can you spot the bossy words, time words and adverbs? Can you teach someone at home the actions for each of these words?
Instructions on how to make a plasticine face.
You will need:
- Red, brown, green, yellow, plasticine
- Your white board
1. First make 2 balls of green plasticine.
2. These are your eyes. Gently put them on your whiteboard.
3. Now carefully make a nose with the yellow.
4. Get some red and make a big or small mouth .
5. Make it happy or sad.
6. Now make some brown hair for your face.
7. Then use some yellow to make some ears.
8. Finally check you have followed all the instructions.
This half term we have been learning all about instructions. Why not have a go at the main activity and plenary on the website below. Can you spot the instructions? See if you can order the instructions and then try writing your own. Remember to use time words (first, after a short time, finally), bossy words (put, cut, pull, fold) and adverbs (carefully, slowly, gently). Good luck!