We are ready to play our own games.
I'm very impressed with the good quality work and design all of you have produced. It was a lot of fun playing your card games. Some games really tested my memory, some games challenged my acting skill, and some games almost made me have heart attack. So fast and exciting!
Here you can see how we enjoyed our card games.
MFL lessons will continue on during the two Residential weeks. Althought some students may be away, those that stay behind have a special Residential project to work on.
Many of you enjoy playing card games, so this time, instead of buying pre-made card games, we are going to design and make our own cards using the Chinese words and phrases you have learned so far, then we will play the games in class.
Please have a look of what you need to do this week:
Year 6 Residential Projects
During the residential weeks, when you are at school you are to prepare a game that can be played by Year 6 students of MFL. Aim to finish the game in the first 2 lessons so that you can play it during the third lesson.
Here are a few options:
- Memory/snap – create 2 of each item that can go in pairs (a picture and a word)
2. Flashcards – picture or English word on one side and word or character on the other side of the card
------------ no comments -----------
Chinese New Year 2012
Happy Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year Week
- What is the zodiac animal this year?
- How many Chinese zodiac animals are there in Chinese calendar?
- What does this year’s animal represent?
- In what countries do people celebrate Chinese New Year?
- What do Chinese people do to celebrate Chinese New Year?
- What do Chinese like to eat for dinner on New Year’s Eve?
- How do you say “Happy New Year” in Chinese?
You can find the answers at Chinese New Year Assembly this Friday. Please come join the celebration.