Important Information for Parents about Primary Library
The Primary Library is being renovated during Term Three. We are all very excited about this and the plans for the new library look fantastic. Within one year we will have two super new libraries at Patana.
During the re-modelling, there will be some disruptions to the regular library service although we will try to keep these to a minimum. We still want children to have access to our wonderful selection of books during Term Three.
These are our plans:
- The Primary library will be closed next term for packing and moving.
- Children will not be able to wait in the Primary library at the end of the school day during Term 3. If a late pick up is unavoidable, they will be directed instead to the new Secondary Library. Any children in Year 1 or 2 must be accompanied by a parent or nanny but we would rather that children were taken straight home.
- We will set up two temporary libraries for use in Term Three.
- The Key Stage 1 Library will be based in the Visitors’ Room above the Hall.
- The Key Stage 2 Library will be on the third floor of the new Year 5 and 6 building.
- Children will still be able to take out library books on a weekly basis.
- Year 6 will use the Secondary Library during Term Three as part of their transition process. We will try and check all book choices for suitability, but would value your help in monitoring your child’s book choices during this time. They will not have access to books for older students.
- The Parents’ Collection will be unavailable during this time but feel free to borrow titles during the final week of this term. During Term Three you are very welcome to use the Secondary Library facilities, although you may need to move to an area of the library not in use by a class.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Our new Primary Library is going to be amazing.
------------ no comments -----------