Things to try at home while the school is closed if you are in KS1
Physical Development Opportunities
Key Stage 1
Have a go at some of the activities below and see how well you can do!!! Remember, it’s all about setting yourself a personal challenge and enjoying what you do.
1. See how long you can skip without stopping.
- Set yourself a target eg. 10 skips, 20 skips, 30 or more.
- How long can you skip for, if you can get someone to time you?
2. Practise throwing and catching a ball, on your own or with a friend.
- See if you can do it with one hand.
- See how many times you can do it without dropping it.
- How high can you throw it and catch it.
- Can you clap when the ball is in the air? How many times?
3. Practise some of the things you have been doing in gymnastics. Remember to always be in control and be safe.
4. Practise your swimming strokes.
- Set yourself a distance challenge.
- Ask a friend to time you over a distance of your choice.
5. If you have an opportunity practice bouncing or kicking a ball with a friend.
6. Ride your bike, scooter, roller blades or have a bounce on your trampoline.
Stay fit, stay healthy and have FUN!
------------ no comments -----------