Things to try at home while the school is closed if you are KS2.
Physical Development Opportunities
Key Stage 2
Have a go at some of the activities below and see how well you can do!!! Remember, it’s all about setting yourself a personal challenge and enjoying what you do.
1. See how long you can skip without stopping.
- Set yourself a target eg. 10 skips, 20 skips or even 100.
- How long can you skip for, if you can get someone to time you?
2. Practise throwing and catching a ball, on your own or with a friend.
- See if you can do it with one hand.
- See how many times you can do it without dropping it.
- How high can you throw it and catch it.
- Can you clap when the ball is in the air? How many times?
- Practise some of the ball handling skills we did in our basketball unit.
- Throw and catch off a wall.
3. Practise your swimming strokes.
- Set yourself a distance challenge.
- Ask a friend to time you over a distance of your choice.
- Spend time working on your weakest stroke.
4. If you have an opportunity practice bouncing or kicking a ball with a friend.
5. Ride your bike, scooter, roller blades or have a bounce on your trampoline.
6. Research an Olympic sport and an athlete from your country. Display your information as a poster and we can display it!
Stay fit, stay healthy and have FUN!