Term 3 training start TODAY (April 21st) for all TigerSharks and commences next Monday (April 28th) for TigerPrawns. We look forward to seeing you all on pool deck soon.
Please note that for this week (April 21 - 25) there will be 4:30pm buses only for TigerSharks so the Black TigerSharks sessions will be extended. 3:45pm buses will commence from April 28th.
Over the Songkran break we had several swimmers in action:
Thailand National Championships (April 4 - 7)
Well done to all who took part. It was great to see 8 TigerSharks qualify for Nationals this season - our most ever! This was a highly competitive meet held at a fantastic venue. Congratulations Tan Sriprai and Ton Kiangsiri who both finalled and finished 7th and 4th respectively. Also well done to Cameron Stewart and Anselm Xavier who achieved 100% PB's at the event. Luke Gebbie broke PTS LC records in the 50m Freestyle and 50m Backstroke. Thank you Khun Aek for giving up part of your holiday to support our swimmers at Thai Nationals. Certificates of participation are available for all who took part at the swim office or training if you did not pick your up at the event.
Thanyapura Superkidz Invitational in Phuket (April 18 - 20)
Well done for taking part during the holidays. Chloe Burkill won the 8 & Under Girls Overall Pointscore trophy at the event and Sean Rethy won the Boys 8 & Under Overall Pointscore trophy. Sean also took part in his first Open Water Swim, winning the 8 & Under Boys category. Both Chloe and Sean placed 1st in almost every event they swam! Chloe broke the following PTS SC records: 200m Backstroke, 200m Breaststroke and 100m Butterfly. Sean broke the 200m Breaststroke record.
WELL DONE BISAC TEAM!
It was a fantastic weekend of racing at NIST. Our team did us proud posting a huge number of personal bests in their individual events. The relays were a highlight, our teams really fought for every point and showed our depth of talent.
Our Seniors were crowned Champions, whilst our Juniors were Runners-up.
All 12 age group teams finished in the top 3 in the team competitions:
- 8 & Under Girls - 2nd
- 8 & Under Boys - 3rd
- 9yr Girls - 2nd
- 9yr Boys - 2nd
- 10yr Girls - 2nd
- 10yr Boys - 2nd
- 11 - 12yr Girls - 2nd
- 11 - 12yr Boys - 1st (Tan, Klang, Krating, Jef, James, Patrick & Arin)
- 13 - 14yr Girls - 1st (Ela, Jasmina, Kristine, Jasmine, Password & Lauryn)
- 13 - 14yr Boys - 3rd
- 15 & Over Girls - 2nd
- 15 & Over Boys - 1st (Luke, Chris, Ton, Anselm, Ajay & Cameron)
12 individual swimmers also won trophies for their efforts in the individual point-score:
- 8 & Under Girls Champion - Chloe Burkill
- 8 & Under Boys 2nd Place - Sean Rethy
- 9yrs Girls 2nd Place - Sugar Wongwatanasin
- 9yrs Boys 3rd Place - Prin Chantarungkul
- 11 - 12yr Boys Champion - Tan Sriprai
- 11 - 12yr Boys 2nd Place - Klang Jatusripitak
- 13 - 14yr Girls 2nd Place - Jasmina Barron
- 13 - 14yr Girls 3rd Place - Kristine Huang
- 15 & Over Boys Champion - Luke Gebbie
- 15 & Over Boys 2nd Place - Ton Kiangsiri
- 15 & Over Girls Champion - Millie Ribeiro
- 15 & Over Girls 2nd Place - Kate Wattanavekin
Our success in the event was a real team effort and we would like to make mention of the following:
Well done Ravita (Jasmine) Chie and Claire Poolvorlaks for swimming-up in the girls 9yr age group, you were both so brave and performed very well.
Thank you Theo Bien, Proud Sublabha and Alexys Warjovaara for swimming extra events at short notice to cover for your injured team-mates. We loved your team spirit!
A BIG thank you to our "Orange Army" who were out in force all weekend despite the incredible heat. I know our swimmers really appreciate your support both in the lead up and at the event itself.
Well done to all our hard-working TigerSharks coaches.
Meets in Term 3:
ASA Backstroke Gala May 2
NIST Falcons Invitational May 10 - 11 CANCELLED
ASA Freestyle Gala May 16
ISB Pentathlon May 17
Harrow 2 Fast 2 Furious May 31
Record Breakers Time Trials June 7 (In-house)
Primary FOBISIA June 19 - 21
ASA BACKSTROKE GALA
The 3rd ASA Backstroke Gala will take place on May 2nd. Suitable for all TigerPrawns and TigerSharks. This is a great chance to shoot for a new PB or set a new time at a new distance. Sign up today!
Our annual ISB Pentathlon is coming up on Saturday May 17th. This meet is suitable for TigerPrawns in Y2 and all TigerSharks. This fun and firendly meet is a low-key event between BPS, ISB and KUSS. All swimmers contest 5 events. Entries are due on May 2nd. This meet has no entry fee and no awards will be presented - times and smiles only.
The IMX programme is designed to encourage swimmers to compete regularly and try a range of events and distances. How does it work?
1. Identify how old you were on August 1st 2013
2. Print out the corresponding IMX Card for your age group - this year we have expanded the programme to include a card for 8 & Unders too.
3. There are 2 levels: IM Ready (Level 1) and IM Extreme (Level 2)
4. When you attend a meet record the name of the meet, your time and the date. Once you complete the IM Ready Card you can move on to the IM Extreme Card which has longer and more challenging events.
5. Once you have completed a card you can submit it to the swimming office to order your IM Ready or IM Extreme T Shirt which will be presented at the End of Year Pool Party in recognition of your achievement and your brave risk taking.
6. Want to know how you are going so far? Please find attached a Seasonal Results report which shows which events you have entered this academic year so far... it's in alphabetical order. This report only shows your best time and all are converted to short course to fit them onto the same document.
SATURDAY TRAINING TERM 3
Term 3 Saturday training will take place at the 25m Pool with Coach Cindy & Coach Chris:
May 17th No training due to ISB Pentathlon
May 31st No training due to Harrow 2 Fast 2 Furious
June 7th Training replaced by Record Breakers Time Trials