Update on Primary Library Plans
Welcome to Term 3. I thought it would be a good idea to provide an update on Primary Library plans.
Key Stage 1 Temporary Library – located in the Visitors’ room above the Primary Hall
- The temporary Key Stage 1 Library will be ready from Tuesday 3rd May. Classes will have their regular weekly library time. They can change their books during this time.
- Parents can take their children to the Library before or after school. Children are not allowed to go by themselves. Please use the Visitors’ Room Stairs.
- The Key Stage 1 library will not be open at break or lunchtime for the first two weeks.
- Parents are also invited to accompany their children to read in the Secondary Library. We have set up a small area at the back of the library for younger visitors. All visitors to the Secondary Library must be quiet, as many students are revising for their exams.
Key Stage 2 Temporary Library – located on the top floor of the Year 5 and 6 building
- The temporary Library for Key Stage 2 will open on Thursday 5th May.
- Children can use the library before school and during break and lunchtimes, as long as they move sensibly through the Year 5/6 block. They may also use the Secondary Library at these times. They MUST sign in and out of the library unless there for a class lesson.
Year 6 Students
- Year 6 will use the Secondary Library this term as part of their transition to Year 7.
- Teachers and library staff will help monitor book choices. We recommend that parents also monitor the content of any books the children bring home.
- Y6 are welcome to use the Secondary Library during break and lunchtimes and after school but MUST sign in and out.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this transitional period. I have enclosed some photographs below to remind us what the old library was like at hte packing stage! We are already very excited and looking forward to having a complete new Primary Library next year.
------------ no comments -----------