Coronavirus (COVID 19) Updates
Current Status in School
The school campus has been closed from 18th March until the Ministry of Education allows the reopening.
- Continuing Student Learning (CSL) is in effect for all students.
- Temperature scans are in effect for all people entering school. People with temperatures of 37.5C degrees and above will not be allowed into school.
- Masks must be worn on campus.
- IB Exams and (I)GCSE exams for the May 2020 session have been cancelled.
- Admissions tours for prospective families have been cancelled. Please contact Admissions at email@example.com.
- Families who have been to or come in contact with anyone who has travelled from outside Thailand over the past 14 days or have come into contact with a PUI (person under investigation) are asked to self-quarantine before coming onto campus.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you fulfill any of the quarantine requirements below or are diagnosed with COVID-19, as the school is mandated to report this.
An Emergency Decree is in effect.
- A curfew from 11.00pm until 4.00am is being enforced.
- Social Distancing measures are strictly in effect. People should stay 1m to 2m apart.
- Masks must be worn on public transit, and the government urges all people to wear masks when moving around.
- QR codes are being used for people to scan in and out of shopping areas / shops.
- Restrictions are in place for people arriving from overseas, including a mandatory 14-day state quarantine.
Bangkok Patana School Letters to Parents
Official Government Announcements
Below are links to the official announcements from the Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC).