I do hope you have had a safe and enjoyable Songkran holiday. As you will be aware, the number of COVID-19 positive cases hassignificantly increased in Bangkok and today we have 351 confirmed cases. This compares to just 20 cases on the last school day of Term 2. Thus far, we have been informed that two separate Patana parents have had positive COVID-19 tests over the holiday period. Neither had visited the school campus in the previous 14 days. At this point in time, the school is unaware of any positive COVID-19 cases impacting any of our Patana students or staff through contact at school. An important reminder to all families that may experience a positive COVID-19 test, that they must contact our Head Nurse Khun Patama (firstname.lastname@example.org) so she can liaise between the family and the school and give necessary ongoing support. As a precaution due to the current high COVID-19 numbers in Bangkok, the school campus will be closed next week, 19th – 23rd April. Our CSLhome and online learning platform will start on Monday 19th April. With this measure in place:
- The principals will be in touch before Monday with more specific Primary and Secondary information.
- All internal and external exams will go ahead as planned. Further information on specific exam details will be sent by the end of this week.
- Students are welcome to quickly drop into school to pick up any required books or resources from their lockers over the next four days.
- At this time and until we send a notice of change, the school campus is not open for any parents/adults/alumni. Where possible, any planned events or parent conferences will be held virtually.
- All planned sports fixtures remaining in Season 3 are cancelled and BISAC schools will be meeting on Monday 19th April to confirm if Season 3 tournaments can go ahead; at this stage, we suspect this is unlikely. We will delay the start of Block 4 ECAs until the school reopens.
- We are hoping to reopen the campus once the COVID-19 cases in Bangkok have dropped markedly and all positive cases can be traced.
I am sorry for this interruption to our normal school programme but your children’s health and safety are at the forefront of all key decision making. Here is a link to a fascinating BBC article on COVID-19 I thought you would value. I plan to share another update with you all next week. Thank you for your ongoing support and patience, which is truly valued and appreciated.
Matt Mills, Head of School