Preparing to return to school, Covid preventions protocols and IB results
11th August 2022
We hope you have been enjoying the school holidays! We are gearing up for the start of the academic year and are looking forward to welcoming our community back to school. A warm welcome to our 298 new students and their families who will be joining us in Term 1!
We want to update you regarding protocols for returning to school, taking into consideration government guidelines. Covid-19 protocols across the globe, and in Thailand, are being relaxed, as many of you will have experienced during your travels.
- Masks: Masks are currently compulsory indoors, but they are optional outdoors. Masks are optional for students engaged in PE activities.
- Parents: Parents are welcome on campus!
- School Trips: We are planning to run all Residential Trips in 2022/23 and other academic school trips as planned. We are also open to the opportunity of running some international sporting trips.
- School Events: Our plan is to go ahead with the Fun Run, International Day on 15th November and to host the Ploenchit Fair on 26th November. The first whole school assembly will be the Christmas Assembly held on 16th December.
- CSL (Learning online at home) will only be offered to students who have a Covid related absence and are well enough to study.
- ATK Testing – The school no longer requires weekly ATK testing, random testing or testing for visitors. A reminder that if your child is feeling unwell for any reason, please keep them at home.
For those who contract Covid-19 or are a high-risk contact, please email our school nurse at the earliest opportunity. For clarity on any Covid situation, please continue to follow our community support plan, which you can access here.
Congratulations to the Class of 2022 on their excellent IB results! The average points total for their cohort is 37 with a Patana record of five students attaining a perfect 45 points!
We are all looking forward to an exciting term ahead!
Senior Leadership Team