We said we would get back to you today and were hoping to announce a reopening date.
On Wednesday last week (22nd September), representatives from the MOE (Ministry of Education) and the BMA (Bangkok Metropolitan Authority) visited the school to determine our readiness for reopening. They were impressed with our safety plan, our arrangements for student lunches, transport and fixed classroom seating. There were no requests to make any changes to our plan going forward.
Following on from this, we have been told the decision-making process is more complicated now than it seemed originally. As of today, we still cannot confirm when the school will be able to reopen. We continue to do everything we can to get our students back in school and are working closely with the various government departments.
In our annual calendar, we have two allocated teacher professional learning days in Term 1. These were due to be on 25th and 26th October, but have been cancelled to prioritise student learning. These will now be allocated as normal school days.
Even though the news for reopening is not what we wanted, we continue to celebrate our high quality CSL programme. Last week, Primary Principal, Sarah McCormack, shared some guidelines on how Primary parents can support their children during CSL. She was delighted to have a high turnout of parents; if you missed the presentation you can access it here.
We are sorry we don’t have positive news to share with you at this time and remain optimistic that our students will be returning to campus as soon as we are permitted. Our intention is to communicate with you again on Thursday, if not before.
Senior Leadership Team